PRE-REQUISITE: This series is for school teams who have previously completed NDMTSS Developing Schoolwide Behavior Expectations / NDMTSS Positive Behavior Intervention Supports (PBIS) Tier 1. If your team has NOT previously completed NDMTSS Building Your System, you may register for this fall's cohort which begins on October 16th here.
REGISTRATION: This professional learning series requires completion of an MOU signed by the building administrator on or prior to August 18th, 2023. When clicking "Register" you'll be directed to the MOU for completion. The MOU then needs to be sent to Brandie Ulland, SEEC, Brandie.Ulland@k12.nd.us to officially complete your team's registration.
Teams will come together to share successes, ongoing work, strategies and new ideas. Collaborative discussion is intended to address implementation ideas and problem-solve additional needs. Teams will review the Benchmarks of Quality and engage in follow-up support sessions based on areas of need to move all teams toward a successful and full implementation.
- Solidify implementation of Tier 1 foundational supports
- Identify students who would need or benefit from Tier 2 instructional services and related supports based on an analysis of Tier 1 data
- Select and analyze appropriate sources and types of behavioral data to develop and test hypotheses about variables influencing the Tier 2 problem
- Select evidence-based standard-protocol interventions for use at the Tier 2 level based on analysis of hypotheses, match student need to treatment provided, and evaluate effectiveness of interventions used
DELIVERY: This multi-day learning series will be delivered as a combination of 1 full-day Face-to-Face session and 5 90-minute Virtual coaching calls.
AUDIENCES: School leadership teams of 6-10 individuals including:
- Administrators (REQUIRED to have at least one principal)
- Special Educators and/or Unit Directors (REQUIRED to have at least one)
- Behavior Specialists (REQUIRED to have at least one)
- District Administrators (Superintendent/Assistant Supt; PD/Curriculum Coordinator; MTSS Coordinator)
- Instructional Coaches
- General Education Teachers
PRESENTER: Dawn Miller, School Psychologist - Central Cass
CREDIT: 2 graduate continuing education credits available for application through VCSU after participating in all required sessions/activities and submitting application fee.