Leveraging Disruption: Reflecting, Refocusing and Reframing Our System of Supports
After more than a year of large-scale disruption on several fronts, schools need time to stop and consider everything that has been learned about the ability and effectiveness of their systems to support ALL students academically, socially, emotionally and behaviorally in school…and at times, from a distance!
Presenters will challenge participants to consider how those lessons learned can help to refocus our efforts and plans for next year and emerge with stronger systems heading into next year!
Join us to reframe our thinking as we get back on track with the important work of creating systems that support ALL kids! We are excited to welcome educators from across ND back together after a COVID break – so gather your team, get registered, and join us LIVE to hear from national experts and collaboration partners.
SESSIONS: LIVE sessions will be held during the conference days and BONUS - recorded sessions will be available for asynchronous viewing to personalize your conference experience. All sessions will be recorded and made available for an extended period of time to all registrants.
CREDIT: An optional continuing education credit is available through Valley City State University for those who complete a total of 15 hours of conference sessions and complete additional requirements. More info will be available on the day of the conference.
**Tentative** Agenda Topics/Sessions
Session titles and descriptions are still being finalized and are subject to change!
- Integration of academics and behavior
- How systems help weather the storms (or pandemics) of life
- The importance of leadership and effective teams and teaming
- How to create cultures that truly engage EVERY STUDENT, EVERY DAY, in EVERY CLASS
- Understanding how to develop and implement effective behavior intervention plans that support students AND teachers
- Reframing our schoolwide behavior intervention supports with new opportunities to integrate SEL, restorative practices, and equity
- Linking data, interventions, and individualized instruction
- Considerations for special education roles within an MTSS system
- A critical focus on the science of reading
- Foundational NDMTSS supports and practical strategies for implementation